You heard right; we are hiring! Lucky for you, if you’re a funny guy (or gal) with a flair for design because this could be you! We’re after a talented designer to join our small in-house team at our South-East London office for six months with opportunity for a permanent position following a review at the end of that period. This is a fantastic opportunity for a graphic designer or illustrator, with a knack for incorporating humour into their work, to join a small weird and wonderful (in our own opinion, don’t ask anyone else) Head office team.
Scribbler is a UK-based greeting cards, gifts, and stationery company, known for its edgy humour and alternative take on traditional greeting cards. You’ll be working alongside others on the design team on not only cards but other own-brand products as well as web and marketing visuals.
Your portfolio will need to demonstrate an ability to work across a wide range of visual styles, as you’ll be regularly designing for different audiences and demographics, switching between styles on a day-to-day basis. The office can be fast-paced and you will be expected to work on multiple projects at once.
Experience within the greetings industry is a bonus, plus any additional experience working with digital design. You’ll need to be a team player with a positive attitude and a great sense of humour in order to work within the Scribbler brand and tone of voice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing high quality, original designs and illustration for card and other product ranges in keeping with the Scribbler brand.
- Designing in a range of visual styles in response to set briefs.
- Copywriting; coming up with new lines for cards, promotional material, marketing design and other areas requiring the Scribbler TOV.
- Collaborating with the rest of the design team to deliver own-brand card and product ranges.
- Reporting to the head of design to assist across multiple design projects and deadlines.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest and emerging design trends.
- Art working and proofing designs to a print-ready outcome.
- Excellent proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Keen sense of humour and understanding of the Scribbler brand/tone of voice. We won’t lie, it gets weird sometimes, you need to be open to this.
- Hand-drawn/digital illustration skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines, and have excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently when required, while also being able to take direction on specific tasks.
- Effectively communicate ideas and designs to the wider Head Office team.
How to apply:
Not scared off yet? Excellent! Send your CV, cover letter and digital portfolio to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Sunday 21st July
Salary dependant on experience. At interview stage be prepared to talk about salary expectations.
Please be aware that only people selected for interview will be contacted.