In House Junior Designer
(1 year fixed term contract with opportunity to extend/be made permanent)
You heard right, we are hiring! Lucky for you, if you’re a funny person with a flair for design because this could be you! We’re after a talented designer to join our small in-house team at our South-East London office. This is a fantastic opportunity for a graphic designer or illustrator, with a knack for incorporating humour into their work, to join a small weird and wonderful (in our own opinion, don’t ask anyone else) Head office team.
Scribbler is a UK-based greeting cards, gifts, and stationery company, known for its edgy humour and alternative take on traditional greeting cards. You’ll be working alongside others on the design team on not only cards but other own-brand products as well as web and marketing visuals.
Your portfolio will need to demonstrate an ability to work across a wide range of visual styles, as you’ll be regularly designing for different audiences and demographics, switching between styles on a day-to-day basis. The office can be fast-paced and you will be expected to work on multiple projects at once. Experience within the greetings industry is a bonus, plus any additional experience working with digital design or animation. You’ll need to be a team player with a positive attitude and a great sense of humour in order to work within the Scribbler brand and tone of voice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing high quality, original designs and illustration for card and other product ranges in keeping with the Scribbler brand.
Designing in a range of visual styles in response to set briefs.
- Copywriting; coming up with new lines for cards, promotional material, marketing design and other areas requiring the Scribbler TOV.
- Collaborating with the rest of the design team to deliver own-brand card and product ranges.
- Working across all aspects of the business including designing for web, internal comms, stores and our growing wholesale business.
- Assisting the Head of design across multiple projects, both for the Scribbler brand and through Scribbler studios for wholesale clients, working to tight deadlines.
- Art working designs to a print-ready outcome.
- Knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Any animation or UX experience is a bonus but not an essential.
- Keen sense of humour and understanding of the Scribbler brand/tone of voice. We won’t lie, it gets weird sometimes, you need to be open to this.
- Hand-drawn/digital illustration skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines, and have excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently when required, while also being able to take direction on specific tasks.
- Take direction and feedback on designs.
How to apply:
Not scared off yet? Excellent! Send your CV, cover letter and digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that only people selected for interview will be contacted.
We are aware that we are all living and working in unprecedented times, this means that our hiring process for this role will take place completely remotely, via zoom or similar.
Please let us know if we can do anything to assist you in the interview process.
Please be aware that this is a full time position 5 days a week and, when circumstances allow, based in our London office 2-3 days per week.