You heard right, we are hiring! Lucky for you, if you’re a funny person with a flair for design because this could be you! We’re after a talented designer to join our small in-house team at our South-East London office. This is a fantastic opportunity for a graphic designer or illustrator, with a knack for incorporating humour into their work, to join a small weird and wonderful (in our own opinion, don’t ask anyone else) Head office team.
Scribbler is a UK-based greeting cards, gifts, and stationery company, known for its edgy humour and alternative take on traditional greeting cards. You’ll be working alongside others on the design team on not only cards but other own-brand products as well as web and marketing visuals.
Your portfolio will need to demonstrate an ability to work across a wide range of visual styles, as you’ll be regularly designing for different audiences and demographics, switching between styles on a day-to-day basis. The office can be fast-paced and you will be expected to work on multiple projects at once.
Experience within the greetings industry is a bonus, plus any additional experience working with digital design, UX or animation. You’ll need to be a team player with a positive attitude and a great sense of humour in order to work within the Scribbler brand and tone of voice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing high quality, original designs and illustration for card and other product ranges in keeping with the Scribbler brand.
Designing in a range of visual styles in response to set briefs.
- Copywriting; coming up with new lines for cards, promotional material, marketing design and other areas requiring the Scribbler TOV.
- Collaborating with the rest of the design team to deliver own-brand card and product ranges.
- Working across all aspects of the business including designing for web, internal comms, and stores.
- Assisting the Head of design across multiple projects, both for the Scribbler brand and through Scribbler studios for wholesale clients, working to tight deadlines.
- Art working and proofing designs to a print-ready outcome.
- Excellent proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
Keen sense of humour and understanding of the Scribbler brand/tone of voice. We won’t lie, it gets weird sometimes, you need to be open to this.
- Hand-drawn/digital illustration skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines, and have excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently when required, while also being able to take direction on specific tasks.
- Effectively communicate ideas and designs to the wider Head Office team.
How to apply:
Not scared off yet? Excellent! Send your CV, cover letter and digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25th July. Due to high volumes of applications we may bring forward the closing date so apply early to avoid disappointment.
Salary dependant on experience. At interview stage be prepared to talk about salary expectations.
Please be aware that only people selected for interview will be contacted.
We are aware that we are all living and working in unprecedented times, this means that our hiring process for this role will take place completely remotely, via zoom or similar. Please let us know if we can do anything to assist you in the interview process.
For this role you will be interviewed by our Head of Design Aisling, pronouns She/Her. Please feel free to share your preferred pronouns with us ahead of interview. We do not discriminate on ground of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion/belief, disability or age.