You heard right; we are hiring! Lucky for you, if you’re a funny guy (or gal) with a flair for design because this could be you! We’re after a talented digital designer to join our small in-house team at our South-East London office. This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior graphic designer with a passion for social and marketing, looking to get some in house experience with a small, weird and wonderful Head office team (in our own opinion, don’t ask anyone else).
Scribbler is a UK-based greeting cards, gifts, and stationery company, known for its edgy humour and alternative take on traditional greeting cards. You’ll be working mainly digitally creating web, social and marketing visuals. Reporting into the head of design you will be asked to incorporate humour and personality into the digital side of our brand. Alongside others within the design team you may be asked from time to time to work on other own brand product such as cards, gift and stationery.
Your portfolio will need to demonstrate an ability to work digitally across a wide range of visual styles, as you’ll be regularly designing for different audiences and demographics, switching between styles on a day-to-day basis. Experience working with digital design for web and social is a bonus. You’ll need to be a team player with a positive attitude and a great sense of humour in order to work within the Scribbler brand and tone of voice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing high quality, original designs for banners, social posts, marketing materials in keeping with the Scribbler brand.
- Copywriting; coming up with new lines for promotional material, marketing design and other areas requiring the Scribbler TOV.
- Collaborating with the rest of the design team to deliver the Scribbler visual style.
- Reporting to the head of design to assist across multiple design projects and deadlines, mainly digital.
- Art working product for web and promotional material
- Assisting head of design on photo shoots, planning and editing imagery from shoots.
- Assisting with the upload of product to the web during busy periods and creating copy to support product.
- Excellent proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Keen sense of humour and understanding of the Scribbler brand/tone of voice. We won’t lie, it gets weird sometimes, you need to be open to this.
- Digital illustration skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines, and have excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently when required, while also being able to take direction on specific tasks.
- Effectively communicate ideas and designs to the wider Head Office team.
How to apply:
Not scared off yet? Excellent! Send your CV, cover letter and digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 23rd September
Please be aware that this is a fixed term 6-month Junior Design position.
Only people selected for interview will be contacted.