We're Hiring - Assistant Merchandiser
Published date: 21/01/2022 14:24
We are Scribbler: the home of innovative, design-led products. Often humorous. Sometimes slightly edgy. Always different. We specialise in greeting cards and other associated products. With a our Head Office based in South London, we have 35 stores across the UK, a growing internet presence, and other business streams including wholesale, licensing and franchising.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser to join the Product team here at Scribbler.
You will manage one of our key categories, being accountable for the day to day analysis of range performance. You will work closely alongside the Category Buyer, making recommendations to the wider team. Your analysis will need to ensure new and existing ranges are both commercial and profitable for the business in line with both the category and company strategy.
- Management of the Weekly Sales Stock & Intake, ensuring delivery of business sales, budget targets and profit.
- Responsible for model line proposals on everyday and seasonal stock, broken down by different areas.
- Accountability for forecasting at line level by week and month to ensure accuracy for sales and stock intake, and flag any risks to the P&L.
- Management of purchase orders in line with SKU forecasts and production/delivery lead-times.
- Analysis of any historical sales data to identify and propose opportunities.
- Financial rollup of new ranges and presenting to the Senior Management team within the business.
- Working with the Buyer to manage product life cycle and suggesting markdowns on high stock levels, clearly highlighting impact to P&L.
- Support and manage the Allocations team for stock recommendations to stores.
What you'll need:
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Strong commercial awareness, preferably in the Card, Wrap and Gifting market
- Numerical and analytical skills with confidence in forecasting
- Ability to work with internal and external parties
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience working in a retail merchandise planning environment is a must
How to apply:
If this sounds right up your street, please send your CV and cover letter to Lynsey@scribbler.co.uk
Salary will be based on experience.
Please be aware that due to the high volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There are currently no comments, be the first to comment.